Parents, Grandparents & Primary Caregivers
The United Way Success By 6 team works to support parents in their role as a child’s first teachers.
- United Way Kindergarten Jumpstart and United Way KinderClub are kindergarten readiness programs for parents and their preschoolers. Through each program, volunteer teachers share academic and social information with parents of children who will be starting kindergarten the next fall to use at home.
- Fun Learning Activities you can with your child at home. We hope you and your child have an awesome time of fun and learning at all of our events, but we don't want the fun to stop there. Click here for a list of activities and resources. The activities are suggestions for helping your child’s development and growth. Each child develops at his/her own speed and may do more or fewer of the activities identified for a particular age.
* Click here for a sheet of activities for you and your child to try around St. Joseph.
Activities are offered through the collaboration of community partners that include: Community Action Partnership Headstart, St. Joseph School District Parents As Teachers, St. Joseph Public Library and Rolling Hills Consolidated Library. Some are also funded, in part, by The Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, as administered by the Missouri State Library.*
- Parent Resource Kits are compiled by United Way Success By 6 and distributed to parents of babies and incoming kindergartners each year. The kits contain important local resource information for parents of young children and materials to help parents learn about the developmental milestones their children should be reaching that year.
- Childcare Checklist: Click here for a checklist of what to look for in a childcare facility.
- Child Development Worksheet: these sheets give you a rundown of your child's development at different stages of early childhood:
- 2 months
- 4-6 months
- 6-9 months
- 9- 12 months
- 12- 18 months
- 18-24 months
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
*Si desea estos documentos en español, haga clic aquí.*